The Untamed Wilds
City of Stormreach
“Jewel of the South, Gateway to Xen’drik, Pirate’s Haven, Nest of Vipers”
|Ruler||The Storm Lords|
|Humans 43%||Halflings 7%|
|Gnomes 9%||Elves 6%|
|Half-elves 9%||Warforged 2%|
|Dwarves 8%||Shifters 2%|
|Orcs and Half-Orcs 8%||Changelings 1%|
|Others < 1%|
Stormreach is a small frontier city nestled on the northeastern coast of the Skyfall Peninsula in Xen’Drik. With its rapid growing population, Stormreach is an important city because of its location, allowing easy docking access to travelers wishing to enter Xen’Drik. The city also acts as a center for trade and commerce for all who visit the lost continent of Xen’Drik. Stormreach is known by some as the “City of Dungeons” because it was built atop an ancient city from the long-lost Xen’Drik civilization of giants.
Stormreach was initially used as a hideout for pirates and smugglers who attacked vessels traversing the Thunder Sea to the north. From Stormreach, pirates could easily recoup, as well as trade among other pirates. In 800 YK, as the continent of Xen’Drik became an interest to scholars and the Dragonmarked Houses, the houses petitioned the King of Galifar to cleanse the area of pirates and by 802 YK, the Galifar navy had done its job.
Despite ousting a large majority of the pirates and smugglers, a few powerful smugglers, called Coin Lords, took advantage of the reduction in competition and became the first leaders of Stormreach. Their descendents continue to govern over Stormreach to this day. Currently, Stormreach is governed by five hereditary nobles. A Harbor Lord oversees all harbor activities, while four Coin Lords maintain the rest of the city. Together, these five nobles are called the Storm Lords .
- Lord Yorrick Amanatu, Coin Lord of Respite and Silverwall. A venerable dwarf, Lord Yorrick is one of the city’s founders. His family trains and organizes the Stormreach Guard. An old maxim states, “The Amanatus are the steel of Stormreach.
- Lord Loral Lassite, Coin Lord of Cross and the Marketplace. The lassites are master brewers and frequently sponsor festivals and feasts. As a result, Lord Loral is easily the most popular of the Storm Lords.
- Lady Kiisa Sel Shadra, Coin Lord of Southgate and Oldgate. A family of gnomes the Sel Shadras keep a low profile for lords of the city. Some say the Sel Shadras have connections to the underworld but it is unwise to spread such rumors.
- Lady Paulo Omaren, Coin Lord of Forgelight and the Temple district. The Omarens are the city’s premier smiths; their forge produces the arms and armor of the Stormreach Guard. Lady Paulo was a passionate young lady who claimed her position with her blade. Now she is aged and seeking retirement in favor of her younger daughter Aria Omaren. But first she plans to marry her daughter to a strong, capable man first, making Aria one of the most courted woman in Stormreach.
- Lord Silas Knocht, Harbor Lord overseeing the Harbor district and the shipping trade. The man was the previous Harbor Lord’s, Jonas Wylkes, most trusted lieutenant, until Jonas murder. Now Silas follows in Wylkes footsteps, keeping up with his predecessor’s reputation for debauchery and luxury.
Although the Storm Lords hold authority over Stormreach, other nations and the Dragonmarked Houses have consulates and enclaves there. The Five Nations acknowledge Stormreach, but none claim it as their own. Instead, they simply maintain business relationships with the Storm Lords hoping to turn a profit on all that Xen’Drik has to offer.
The Dragonmarked Houses, particularly House Lyrandar, House Kundarak, House Deneith, and House Tharashk have great sway in the city, and the Storm Lords go to great lengths to make sure their presence remains.
Places of Interest
◾Black Iron (Map nr. 12)
◾The Chapterhouse (Map nr. 13)
◾Circle of Visions (just north of Stormreach recruiters; Map nr. 17)
◾Citadel of the Twelve (Map nr. 24)
◾Delera’s Watch (Map nr. 20)
◾House Jorasco Enclave (Map nr. 22)
◾Molou’s Distillery (Map nr. 16)
◾The Red Ring (Map nr. 27)
◾The Ship’s Cat (Map nr. 30)
◾Stormreach Recruiters (Map nr. 17)
◾Surrinek Riverboats (In Harbor district)
◾The Tents of Rusheme (Just west of The Black Freigher; Map nr. 29)
◾Von Ruthvek’s Splendors of the South (Map nr. 18)
◾The Bilge Rats
◾The Pestle – Alchemical Supplies
◾Black Iron – Antiquities/Weapons/Armor
◾Von Ruthvek’s Splendors of the South – Antiquities/Magic Items
◾The Citadel of the Twelve – Arcane Spellcasting/Magic Items
◾Far Davandi – Clothing
◾House Jorasco Enclave – Divine Spellcasting/Healing
◾Tooth and Nail – Exotic Beasts
◾Big Bronau’s Boat – Entertainment
◾The Chapterhouse – Entertainment/Food/Shelter
◾The Red Ring – Entertainment
◾Shadows – Entertainment
◾Forgotten Places – Expedition Gear
◾Havulak Prospecting – Expedition Gear
◾The Thrifty Traveler – Expedition Gear
◾The Black Wrack – Food/Shelter
◾The Ship’s Cat – Food/Shelter
◾House Tharashk Enclave – Inquisitives
◾Stormreach Forge – Weapons/Armor
◾Rudolf Rightman – Market South End
Notable NCP & all others
◾Darren d’Deneith – Soldier House Deneith Enclave
◾Gela Pallas – Soldier House Deneith Enclave
◾Irian Longshadow – Soldier House Deneith Enclave
◾Nolo Coppershine – Loiterer House Deneith Enclave
◾Osric Tendfire – Loiterer House Deneith Enclave